Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Conclusion re Marshall and Shoutouts!

There may be more to add to this soon, but at this writing, I don't have any further word about their planning to throw me out of the club or any other retaliation.

Some friends suggested that I stop speaking out so that I would be allowed to remain in the club and could run for the board.  While I would like to remain in the club, speaking out is more important.  Especially since I haven't felt welcome in the club in years.

Some people may think I am an attention seeker or have a cantankerous nature.  I think its more that I have the background to understand what is happening there, and have slightly more audacity than most people.  I mean when its in a rightful cause.  I am certainly interested in other people's experiences and insights.

So I would like to repeat my previous advice and then give a shout out to a number of the chess organizations in the NYC area:

1.  If you love the Marshall Chess Club, join the Marshall Chess Club.

2. Participate -- come to the annual meeting and vote.  There will be people to vote for this time.

3. Do not submit to coercion.  Express your views.  If you see something, say something.  The truth will win out.

4.  Trust the people who have been there for you all along.  Distrust their adversaries.

5.  If you are on the board, consider that you are not the only ones who love the Marshall Chess Club.  You are not the only ones who have equity in the Marshall Chess Club. You do not have a monopoly on the truth.


My advice is, if you don't understand something, don't vote for it.  Don't vote for candidates you don't know.

Now a shout out to many of the great chess organizations in the NYC area:

Brooklyn Strategist
Bruce Bowyer Chess Foundation
Chess Center of New York
Chess Forum
Chess In The Schools
Continental Chess Association
Fairfield Chess Club
The Kingsman
Long Island Chess Club
Marshall Chess Club
Nassau Chess Club
New Rochelle Chess Club
New York Chess and Games
PS 318 Chess Club
Queens Chess Club
The Rahway Chess Club
Robert Peretz Chess Club








No comments:

Post a Comment