I think things are worse than you do. Regardless I have some practical suggestions which shouldn't be too controversial:
1. If you love the Marshall Chess Club, join the Marshall Chess Club.
2. Participate -- come to the annual meeting and vote. There will be people to vote for this time.
3. Do not submit to coercion. Express your views. If you see something, say something. The truth will win out.
4. Trust the people who have been there for you all along. Distrust their adversaries.
5. If you are on the board, consider that you are not the only ones who love the Marshall Chess Club. You are not the only ones who have equity in the Marshall Chess Club. You do not have a monopoly on the truth.